On behalf of the Scientific Committee of APDC 2021, thank you for submitting your work for presentation at the 39th Asia Pacific Dental Congress 2017 in Macau. We have an online submission and evaluation process administered by Kenes; please take a moment to read the following simple guidelines.
Preparation of Abstracts
Accepted abstracts will be published in the Congress Abstract Book as they are submitted in the abstract submission system. Since there will be no editing process on the abstracts, the authors are required to avoid any typing errors, misordering of the authors, wrong spelling/writing about the institutions, etc.
- All abstracts should be prepared in English.
- Category: A main category that is relevant for your abstract must be selected during the submission process. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the category during the abstract assessment process.
- Presentation type: Abstracts can be presented as either oral or poster presentation. Presentation type of the abstract should be selected during the submission process. There is also "Case Report" submmission option. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the presentation type according to the availability of the scientific programme.
- Title: Abstract title can contain maximum 250 characters.
- Author(s): First and last names, institutions, and e-mail addresses of the authors must be fully indicated correctly and in the right order. The accepted abstracts will be published in the Congress Abstract Book with the indicated author and institution names without making any adjustments.
- Institution(s): The institution(s) of the authors should be indicated fully with the "department" and "institution" names while avoiding any abbreviations such as Dept., Inst., Hosp., etc. The institution and city should be written in small letters while the initials of each word are written in capitals. The country should be selected from the drop down list correctly.
- Abstract text: Abstract texts should not exceed 200 words. The title of the abstract, authors' names, their institutions and keywords are not included in this limit.
- Abstract texts should be consisting of four sections given below:
2. Material and Methods
- Case Report texts should be consisting of four sections given below:
- Any images, tables, diagrams and graphs are not allowed in the abstract texts.
- Keywords: Keywords should not be included in any of the sections of the abstract text, and written only in the section dedicated for keywords.
- Minimum 3 maximum 6 keywords can be indicated. All keywords should be written in small letters and with a comma in between.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- It is possible to make changes in the already submitted abstracts until 20 January, 2017 (extention 13 February, 2017). It will not be possible to make changes after this deadline. You can login to the abstract submission system with your username and password and edit your abstract within this period. Please note your username and password for future use. If you forget this information, please get in contact with the Congress Secretariat ([email protected]).
Please ensure that the e-mail address of the authors should be entered correctly to enable the Congress Organizing Secretariat with you regarding the abstract. All information regarding the acceptance, any required adjustments, and scheduling will be communicated through the e-mail of the contact author who is submitting the abstract.
When the submission process finalized, you will see your abstract under the title "Submitted Abstract". If your abstract is not seen here, please kindly turn back and check the steps of your submission. Kindly note that "Not-Submitted Abstracts" will not be taken into consideration during the abstract evaluation process without any further notification about completing the submission of the abstract.
Upon submitting your abstract an e-mail including the "Abstract Number" and "Title" of your abstract will be sent to the contact author who has submitted the abstract.
Evaluation Process and Acceptance Letters
All submitted abstracts will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee following the abstract submission deadline and the acceptance letters will be sent latest by 24 February, 2017 via e-mail.
Relevant information about your abstract's presentation including the presentation date, time, hall, presentation number will be included in the acceptance letters.
Presenting author of the abstract must be registered to the congress no later than 1st March, 2017. Abstracts of the presenting authors who do not register to the congress and do not make the registration payment by the deadline, will be cancelled, and removed from the final program book.
Information Regarding the Preparation of Poster Presentations
Kindly note the following information regarding the poster presentations:
- Posters may be prepared on a single spread sheet with the dimensions of 70 cm. width x 90 cm. height (portrait)
- It is recommended to allocate the top part of the poster for the title, authors' names and institutions, as they appear in the abstract.
- Posters should be prepared with font size that can be read from a distance of 2 m.
- Hanging materials will be ready in the Posters Area during the congress.
- The posters will be displayed during entire congress time.
For any further assistance about the abstract submission and/or evaluation processes, kindly contact Congress Secretariat ([email protected]).